One of most terrifying positions to be caught in during an MMA bout is the mount—but if you know how to easily extricate yourself from this hold, you’ll always be a step ahead of your opponent. MMA Surge expert Andrew “The Squid” Montañez breaks down exactly how to escape from the mount position and get back on the offensive.
Check out these other great MMA Surge episodes:
1. Arm Bar From Mount http://goo.gl/e49WP
2. The Push Kick http://goo.gl/e49WP
3. The Reverse Triangle http://goo.gl/NmfUQ
4. Anaconda Choke http://goo.gl/DSfLC
5. Sambo Arm Bar http://goo.gl/udJ7g
Originally from Queens, NYC, The Squid has a history of taking down
the competition. He has dominated at Vale Tudo contests, Grappler’s Quest Nationals, even the National Fighting Championship. Follow him on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AndrewJitsu.