MMA Surge host Andrew “the Squid” Montañez shows you essential single leg takedown defense. Because this move is one of the most used takedowns in the octagon, every Mixed Martial Arts fighter should know how to avoid it. If you’re up against a grappler or a ground-and-pound fighter, keep these tactics in mind so you can maintain control the a match.
Check out these other great MMA Surge episodes:
1. Arm Bar From Mount http://goo.gl/e49WP
2. The Push Kick http://goo.gl/e49WP
3. The Reverse Triangle http://goo.gl/NmfUQ
4. Anaconda Choke http://goo.gl/DSfLC
5. Sambo Arm Bar http://goo.gl/udJ7g
Originally from Queens, NYC, The Squid has a history of taking down the competition. He has dominated at Vale Tudo contests, Grappler’s Quest Nationals, even the National Fighting Championship. Follow him on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AndrewJitsu.